- High-definition video system with wide field of view, zoom, infrared for the back seat and wireless microphone integration
- Intuitive mobile data terminal app, Axon View XL, for quick tagging, uploads and more on the fly
- Ability to efficiently categorize, play back and share all video alongside other digital files on Evidence.com
- Multi-cam playback, for reviewing up to four videos, including body-worn and in-car footage, at the same time
- Best-in-class install times and quick remote troubleshooting
Axon developed its in-car video system as a streamlined, connected approach for law enforcement to securely share critical video evidence. The cloud-based product allows users to capture and upload video footage directly to Evidence.com, which is hosted on the Microsoft Azure secure cloud platform. The integration of Axon Fleet 2 with Evidence.com eliminates the need for DVRs and other outdated, bulky hardware found in standard in-car video systems.
"Axon Fleet 2 builds on our promise of a connected network of devices and apps designed with considerable customer feedback," says Axon CEO and founder Rick Smith. "The combination of our in-car video system and wearable technologies allows even more visibility into a situation so officers can get to the truth faster and manage their videos efficiently."
Axon has shipped more than 5,000 of its first generation Axon Fleet systems. Customers include major city agencies Fort Worth, New Orleans and Virginia Beach police departments.
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus, and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share, and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.